Your children are not your children.

你的孩子並不是你的。 


They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.

他們是生命對自身的渴慕所生的子女。


They come through you but not from you,

他們經由你來到這世界,卻不是從你身上而來。


And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

他們與你相伴,但他們並不屬於你。


You may give them your love but not your thoughts, 

你可以給他們你的愛,卻不能給他們你的思想;

 

For they have their own thoughts.

因為他們擁有自己的思想。


You may house their bodies but not their souls,

你或許能圈囿他們的身體,卻無法限制他們的靈魂。


For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

因為他們的靈魂居住在明日之屋,甚至在夢中你也無法前去探訪。


You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.

你可以盡力去模仿他們,但是不要指望他們和你相像,


For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

因為生命不會倒流,也不會駐足在昨日。


You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth. 

你是弓,而你的孩子是從弦上射發的生命之箭。


The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might 

that His arrows may go swift and far.

神射手瞄向無窮遠的標靶,以他的神力將你拉滿,將箭射得又快又遠。


Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;

你應該為自己能拉滿弓的這隻手感到欣慰;


For even as He loves the arrow that flies, 

so He loves also the bow that is stable.

一如他(孩子)固然高興成為那個飛出去的箭矢,他也會愛著那把穩定的弓。


Gibran Khalil Gibran,”The Prophet “

 -- 紀伯倫《先知》

_____________________________________________________________

謝謝Pinkmama Lea's sharing!!


_____________________________________________________________


看到這篇時,超感動的。(都要流淚了...>.<)

紀伯伯寫的,真是如話其實啊~ 字字深切! 

應記在心中,並如實行。

arrow
arrow
    文章標籤
    媽咪記事 文章分享
    全站熱搜

    Bonnie Mama 發表在 痞客邦 留言(1) 人氣()